Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow

We had snow the other day and it happened to start falling 25 minutes before we were supposed to leave for a Fun! Outing!

Bean draped herself over the back of the couch and exclaimed over the snow every 11 seconds.  I sat with her for a few minutes before resuming my breakneck pace trying to gather materials, dress children, ready myself, and head out the door.

Once we were all properly dressed and ready, I hustled us out the door with hopes of arriving at our destination at the decided time.  (This hasn't happened much with the birth of C... but it's getting better).

I bustled C into the car and turned around to get Bean into her seat. 

And I stopped short.  She was 100% enamored with the snow.  It didn't matter that we had to be somewhere, even if it was for a Fun! Outing!  To her, the fun was right there, at that exact moment.  And after a few seconds, I realized how right she was.


Her joy in the moment took my breath away.


  Why is so hard for us to be the same way?  Where's our joy about being in the moment?  Why don't we spin in circles, dance for no reason, laugh out loud, or just stop to consider how beautiful it is to be alive?


Bean does it every day.  And I'm going to start taking notes and doing it too.


She fluttered around for a bit longer that day and instead of hurrying her as I might have on any other day, I let her linger.

And I might have caught a few flakes on my own tongue, too.  


4 comments:

  1. Amazing. Both the story and the pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that...its so true...I need to stop and enjoy the moment more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were still there before most of us!(I think I have the right Fun! Outing!)

    GREAT pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I also love how are kids remind us to stop and enjoy the little things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...