Greetings loyal blog readers. Because at this point, you're the only ones left!
Right before Thanksgiving, time sort of went into hyper-speed. And life? Well, life happened. Some good, some bad:
1. Thanksgiving happened and it was fabulous. If you know me, you know I'm always a fan of food. And family.
2. My sister-in-law had major surgery. The results of the doctors' findings wouldn't come for another week.
3. I had surgery to remove a 10mm kidney stone that had been plaguing me for over 2 years. The recovery was far, far worse than I expected, which I guess isn't hard when you're expecting it'll be a piece of cake. I'll blog more on this later, but thankfully, I'm 100% fine now.
4. Michelle, my sister-in-law, got the results of her surgery. The doctors revealed that she had stage 3a ovarian cancer. Unexpected and scary. (However, prognosis is very good, thank God). Michelle is pretty much my hero at this point. Tough stuff yet she has been incredibly faithful and strong through it all. Follow her journey here: http://blessedfamilychaos.blogspot.com You'll be blessed just through reading).
5. I got the stent removed from the surgery and after a few days, I felt much better. So long stupid kidney stone! Good riddance.
6. I got a notion to do a handmade Christmas this year and started crafting in my spare moments. I apparently forgot I had 4 kids and craziness happening around me.
7. Michelle started her chemo which was ROUGH for the first several days. She's feeling a lot better, thankfully.
8. Christmas happened! It was a wonderful celebration this year.
So yes... There's been a lot going on. Some of it good, some not so good. But even in the rotten stuff, I'm learning to find the good.
And one of the things that I know is good is my family, so I'll be back, writing it all down once again.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a baby biting me on the toe and another clamoring for breakfast.