Thursday, July 9, 2009

CSA Haul

I'm so very behind on these and since Shaun's going in tomorrow for our weekly portion, I figured I should catch up and post last week's haul, even if it's slightly cheating.  (You'll see why in a minute). 

For the record, I'm LOVING this CSA stuff.  This is our first year and we've totally hit on an amazing farm.   So, for my local friends, check out Breezy Willow Farm for next year.  Totally worth it. 

Anyway, here's our loot:


OK, so quick disclaimer on why this is cheating a bit.  I had set all the produce from the CSA on our corner counter which happens to be where the other produce is stored, so not all of this is CSA stuff... the watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe and spaghetti squash are grocery store purchases.  The taters are from the previous week.

This week we had tomatoes, green beans, spinach, mushrooms, beets, funny shaped squash, zucchini, red leaf lettuce, a cucumber, blueberries, eggs, and cheese rolls, (which were so unbelievably delicious I couldn't stand it).

It's like my birthday presents are coming in the form of food every Friday.  Love. It.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wait - the pineapple isn't local? :o)

    I love that you're able to do the CSA thing and wish that we could. Stupid kidneys, always ruining things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me hungry every time. My dad is getting the first of the produce out of his garden. He gave us some yellow squash, zucchini, potatoes, and huge green tomatoes for frying (oh yummy).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...