Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey Germs, GO AWAY!

I am sick to death of winter.

And I want to punch a germ in the head.

We are coming out of one of the worst bouts of sickness we've had around here.  And it was only one person.  Bean woke up on Thursday night at about 1am wheezing and coughing and saying, "Mommy, I can't BREATHE!  My chest hurts!" 

Um, can we say scary?

It was insane.  Luckily, we had some medicine from the last bout of bronchiolitis that she ended up with and that helped a bit.  It was still hairy though...  the medicine wasn't working for as long so she was up more often. 

Anyway, we rushed right to the doctor's first thing in the morning and he diagnosed her with a severe case of bronchiolitis and an ear infection.  The poor kid had more meds than I knew what to do with.  But they knocked out her chest congestion and the ear infection and she's on the mend.

Thankfully.  Because the combination of some of her medicine and an extreme lack of sleep made for a very, very difficult kid.  And that?  That made for a very crazy mommy.  (Yes, people... crazier than normal).  Usually, when she's sick, I have more patience than the average duck because when you're sick?  It's pretty crummy.  And you're not usually feeling your most cooperative.  But this?  This was preschooler gone wrong.  It was awful.  So I'm glad my sunny girl is back.  I don't know if the Crazy made me appreciate the good kid more, but these last two days with her have been awesome.  She's a fun kid :)

Anyway, the long and short of it?  Germs stink.  And I will be back to my regular posting craziness sometime tomorrow. 

Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for not taking her to the ER and waiting to take her to the doctor's office! So proud!

    Also? Age has no bounds with The Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...