Monday, December 29, 2008

Annnnd, We're BACK!

We've had a lovely week off and enjoyed each other's company immensely.

But things are starting to get a little hairy.  Last night, Shaun and I almost attacked each other.  Literally.

I was heading back from the bathroom and had paused outside of our bedroom door because the baby woke up and sounded more distressed than usual.  Right as I was about to walk into our room, Shaun opened the door and started to walk out. 

Did I mention that it's pretty stinkin' dark in our house in the dead of night?

He took one step forward and then registered that the dark blob in front of him was in fact a person, not a dark blob.

And he immediately crouched down and yelled, "EEEEAHHHHH!"  He was totally ready to take down an intruder, solely by his low center of gravity and his highly intimidating yell. 

In the meantime, I was equally shocked to have him open the door in front of me and jumped backwards with a puff of exhaled air, hands in a karate position in front of me.  I obviously was going to take down an intruder (emerging from the bedroom, obviously), with my highly skilled karate moves and stealth motions.

We stayed in our attack positions for a few seconds while we really gauged whether we were actually who we thought we were.   Or who we thought the other person was.  Um, yes. 

And without another word, Shaun ventured into the bathroom and I went to comfort the now totally freaked out baby. 

It's good to know we totally have our home's defense system completely under control. 

Totally.

6 comments:

  1. You're freaking awesome! I would not mess with either of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha haha hahahahah ahahahah ahahaha !!

    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with maya on this one.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's HYSTERICAL!!!! hahaha!! I was on the phone with my dad while I was reading it and read it to him too. We both had a good laugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back - I've missed you!! :) The sad thing is that I can TOTALLY visualize you and Shaun in those positions! Does that mean I need a life?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...