Monday, February 1, 2010

Photo Class - Episode 1!

My friend Amy, over at Flexible Dreams, (yes, the same Amy with whom I'm doing Just Make It A Double), is hosting a photo class!

This week, it was learning about and practicing the "rule of thirds".  I know what it is, I've known what it is... and this week?  I found out that I'm pretty terrible at it.  It took constant concentration to put the focal points of my shots into the appropriate places.  I don't always shoot central, but I neglect to put the most interesting things in those magic spaces.

But alas, practice makes... well, it made me a smidge better.

So for your viewing, here are the two shots that only made me want to tear my hair out a little bit.



Taken with a Canon Rebel XTi
Focal Length: 50mm
Shutter Speed: 1/250
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO: 400




Taken with a Canon Rebel XSi
Focal Length: 50mm
Shutter Speed: 1/1600
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO: 200

Pain... and practice... it's good for me :)

5 comments:

  1. That picture of Bean makes me want to know what she's looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both - and I have the same curiosity as Christy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE! Good color and focus on both pics. It is hard to "see" the ROT when looking through the lens, much easier to do it in post processing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...