Saturday, April 7, 2012

Caly-isms - An Exercise in Controlled Laughter

Shaun, being silly, asked Caly(3), who the cutest person in the room was. We expected her usual answer, "ME!", but this time she pointed to her cousin and herself... and then added on, "And Lexi and Sayer and Zoen and Daddy and Mommy and Robin!"

Shaun laughed and said, "I think you're a diplomat."

Caly grinned and said, "Nooooo, I'm just a mat. A mat! A MAP! I'm just a MAP!"

And cue singing of that horrid song, "I'm a map, I'm a map, I'm a map, I'm a maaaaap!"


________________________________________

Later, we're dying eggs and without a second thought, Caly plunged her hand into the cup of dark blue dye. I groaned and futily tried to wipe the dye off of her tiny hand. She looked like a Smurf. A delighted Smurf. I saw the wheels turning and intercepted them before it could get worse,

"Please try not to put any more body parts into the dye. Just... don't."

__________________________________________

Egg dying continued and Caly accidentally dropped hers into one of the cups. When she pulled it out, she looked down and saw a crack. "Oh NO!" she exclaimed...

"It... It hatched." She looked totally disturbed. I had to swallow my laughter and assure her that, contrary to her father's insistance, there were no actual chickens that would hatch out and ruin her egg shells.


__________________________________________

This morning, while I was getting breakfast for the girls, I caught sight of Caly's blue paw and my heart caught in my throat. In the matter of miliseconds, I was mentally searching her arm for areas of decreased circulation and attempting to understand why she was completely unbothered.

Then I came to my senses and remembered Egg Dying 2012. Hey, it was pre-coffee.



2 comments:

  1. Poor mama - that must have been quite a shock! We always get taken aback when Abby comes home from a day of Toe Painting with red between those little piggies. Disturbing and cute at the same time...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...