Thursday, July 24, 2008

With Dreams of WHAT Dancing Through My Head?


This morning, Bean asked me to lie on the couch while she brought me stuffed animals and blankets. According to her, we were playing "sleeping baby" and she was the Mommy and I was the "Sweetheart"

Much time was spent tucking me in, telling me that she would "see me in the morning" and kissing my cheeks. I'd pretend to fall asleep and then pop my eyes open and say, "MOOOOOOMMY!" She'd come over and say, "What do you need, sweetheart?" and I'd come up with about a million things that I needed desperately before I could fall asleep.

Basically, a typical evening in reverse.

At one point, I asked her to tell me a story and this is what I got:

"Once upon a time, there was a little doggy. The doggy was very nice. He barked and barked and barked. The doggy always ate alllll his food. And once there was a horse. And the horse ate the doggy ALL UP! He tasted good! The end!"

Um, what?

Imagination aside, remind me not to let her tell C bedtime stories for awhile.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...