Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm Still Here! Just Check For Me Under the Pile of Children

Miss me? 

You didn't?

Fine, I'll pout.

OK, that's not me, but isn't that the best pouty face ever?


Only temporary, anyway.

Just like my blog absence. 

Things are good around here, just busy.  Let's see... a recap of sorts... Um... Oh! I have a kindergartner! She's as sassy and hilarious and ridiculous as ever. 


We're well under way with our homeschool year and it's going quite well.  Our biggest challenge has been figuring out how to teach the 5 year old while the 3 year old is demanding that she be homeschooled too.  And by homeschooled, she means that I need to pay her undivided attention.  But it's coming along. 

Said 3 year old is coming out of a long phase of being completely impossible.  I'm thankful. She's far more commonly irresistible, which I most certainly prefer. As always, she has loads of personality and exudes it at every opportunity. I'm thankful for her perpetual comedy relief.



Sayer, the resident 2 year old, is one part Mr. Independent Temper Tantrum MUST DO IT HIMSELF and one part utterly adorable snuggle bug. We're learning to balance the two. For now, the first part of him is often diffused easily with a "do you want to help me?" or a chocolate chip. Coping methods, I haz them.


The baby has me firmly wrapped around his little 7 month old finger.  He's quite possibly the happiest baby on the planet. Almost crawling, eating everything he's close to, (including his siblings' appendages), and constantly grinning and squealing.  He's a delight, which probably is why I haven't been around much.  Too busy nomming on his cheeks and letting him climb all over me.



But we're settling into a nice little groove for the fall, so I'm hoping to blog this laundry list of stories and silly things that I have stored. For now? Attempting a good night of sleep. Yeah, fat chance. I am a mother of small children, after all.


Sleep or no sleep, it's so worth it.

6 comments:

  1. Well I *did* miss you, and I'm so happy for this post :)

    Fantastic pictures, as always. Glad you're still happily surviving under the mound of kidlets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely missed you too! Loved the pics & the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family. :) Glad to hear that all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Sweet little pumpkin pies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mah gah Jen, they are PRECIOUS. Wayne and I just ahhhed ourselves right through your post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE
    also i had a flash to that pic of Lexi being in her wedding slideshow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...