Monday, January 19, 2009

Impeccable Timing, Really

Bean has never been prone to the stomach flu.  In fact, she's only had the stomach flu once.  I was 9 weeks pregnant with C and my gag reflex was on a hair trigger.  Needless to say, the two of us shared space in the bathroom until she was over the bug. 

But that's been it. 

Until today.  When I'm 11 weeks pregnat with Baby #3.  And pukey. 

Shaun had just gotten out of the shower and was dressed and dapper for a nice dinner and a movie with yours truly.  Beanie Bean was sitting on his lap bouncing around when WHAM! 

Yeah, I'll just let you fill that WHAM in on your own.

I've never really seen Shaun move that fast.  Poor kid had a few more bouts before she was done. 

So we cancelled our date and stayed home to care for the Spewmeister. 

I. Don't. Do. Vomit. .

Luckily, I married a saint, and he cleaned EVERYTHING up.  Everything! 

And Bean?  Hasn't been sick since. 

Hey, if we're going to deal with spew, at least it's short lived.

I hope.

I'm just amazed at the timing!  She's good.  Very, very good.  Shaun told her that next time she wants us to stay home from a date, all she has to do is ask. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope it passes quickly! Ashleigh had it at Christmas...it took us 11-12 days to get it out of our house...NOT fun. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...