Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WFMW: Saving Money at Target

I love Target.  Oh, how I love Target.  Let's just say it's a darn good thing for our bank accounts that we don't live within 5 minutes from one anymore.

Anyway, when I get a chance to make it to a Target, I have found out that I can save a considerable amount of money with very little effort.  And in order to preserve marital harmony, I try to do that.

Target runs decent sales.  They're not great.  But they're not bad.

You can capitalize on these sales by using coupons.  That's a fairly obvious trick to saving money. Target takes manufacturer's coupons and they often send out their own coupons in the mail.

However, what I didn't know up until recently was that you can use the manufacturer's coupons AND the Target coupon on the same item!  

The other day, I noticed that my favorite brand of diapers (Huggies) was on sale, (and this is a brand that I don't buy often because they're regularly expensive).  Then, I had a coupon from Target AND a coupon from the paper.  Diapers that were regularly $10.49 for a jumbo pack were reduced to $6.49.  I got a pack of premium diapers for close to the same price as the generic.  Nice :)  Also, you can apparently use Huggies coupons for any Huggies product, not just the product on the coupon.  So don't toss those coupons for pull-ups even if your kid is nowhere near ready for them!  Use it on diapers!

Cool, huh?

It makes me happy.  The other day, I spent $22.50 and got the following items:

1 Jumbo pack of size 2 Huggies diapers
1 16 oz container of Mr. Bubbles
1 pack of Huggies shea butter wipes (we really needed a new case)
1 shirt for Bean
1 pink plastic pencil box for Bean's crayons
2 Huggies clean team wipes
1 box of band aids
1 pack of 5 notebooks
1 plastic big kid cup for Bean
4 decorative kids' plastic plates

Some people really get into the coupon game.  I don't necessarily have the time to spend on getting too involved, but I like that I can save a considerable amount of money on the big things with very little effort.

And that?  That works for me.  Visit Rocks in My Dryer of more Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it. I threw away Huggies coupons for years (Pamper's Fan)! The kicker is I liked Huggies wipes better, and am just realizing I could have saved tons o money. Well. GREAT TIP! I never knew you could combine store & product coupons; that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true with any store, not just Target. You can always use a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon. I usually do this at the grocery store.

    Didn't know about the Huggies coupons though. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like this site. There is a Target link on the right. I spent so much time just looking around at all the deals. I'm not big into coupons, but I'm big into killing a couple hours at Target, so might as well save some money!
    http://sahmmoney.blogspot.com/search/label/Target

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...